Sunday, August 2, 2009

Queenstown!!

Finally!  I'm super stoked to be here.  Today it finally cleared up and you can see these GORGEOUS mountains that are the backdrop to Queenstown, which is set on a lake.  It's just absolutely incredible.  Apparently this lake is 300 meters deep at some points, as well as 84 kilometers long, which is absolutely nuts.  I didn't even know that Queenstown was built on the side of a lake, how dumb do I feel!!  Anyway, the people I'm staying with at X Base are really nice and we get along, which is great, but it definitely sucks to have to be paying for accommodation again-- I had forgotten how it can really eat up my money!  Anyway, last night I went out for awhile with the people from my room, but it was kinda slow and I wasn't really feeling it; maybe tonight we'll go out to World Bar and I'll have a couple of teapots, that ought to solve the problem!!  I'm currently in between rooms right now because I didn't book it in time to stay in the same room for tonight, which sucks, but my roommates from the last few nights and I are all hanging out in our room so it's not that bad.  I GO SKYDIVING TOMORROW!  Wow, I'm actually getting pretty terrified of it, but everyone tells me it's amazing, so I'm sure I'll have lots of fun ( :  Anyway, I'll be going now because I'm pretty hungry (and tired!) so I'm either going to eat or sleep, haha, but definitely one of the two.  I hope everyone is having a great time back home and I miss you lots and lots!  Hugs and kisses to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment