Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Monday and Tuesday....

So I got a bit ahead of myself from being so excited about bungy jumping that I've forgot to talk about my Monday and Tuesday in Queenstown.  Monday I went to Milford Sound!!  I left on a bus at 650a; let me tell you, 650a is still early, even in NZ.  On the bus I slept for an hour, then we got to Te Anau and had tea, and from there on the bus ride was too beautiful and awesome to sleep through.  We drove through tons and tons of avalanches that had come all the way down to the road, through amazing landscapes that would take anyone's breath away, and through amazing forests that looked way too much like Lord of the Rings.  After driving through this crazy tunnel that seriously just looks like a whole through a mountain, and that is apparently a "safe haven" during the winter months due to the vast amount of avalanches occurring outside of it, we came to "The Chasm" where a river and wind have, over a vast amount of time, carved out, more or less, cheese holes into rocks.  It was nuts.  Anyway, finally we got to Milford Sound where we promptly got on a boat to go tour around the Sound and go all the way out to the Tasman Sea.  I got so many beautiful pictures while doing the boat tour, oh, and by the way: "I'M ON A BOAT!"  Once we got out to the sea the swell was huge and it was super hard to walk, I basically hung out around the rail so I wouldn't fall over, haha.  After the boat tour we boarded back onto the bus and headed back to Queenstown; I mostly slept on the way back, seeing as how I had only gotten something like 3 hours of sleep the previous night.  Once back in Queenstown, Jay, me, and the Australians I met from them staying in Jay's room all headed out to Winnie's, this awesome pizzeria we've already gone to last week, and had dinner.  After Winnie's we headed over to World Bar where we all had a couple of teapots, which was waaaaay too much sugar, but was fun nonetheless, and I finally was able to do one of the many things I wanted to do in Queenstown.  The next day my friends went over to Milford Sound, which is when I went and did the Nevis Bungy woo!!  That night Jay and I went to Ferg Burger, duh, then I hung out in his and the Australians room and recorded a video about Tim Tam Slams woot hahah.  The next day I mostly just took it easy and slept in.  So yup, there's the update for the past few days, hope you're having a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment