Monday, August 10, 2009

Nevis Bungy Jump- 134 meters!

So the night before last at about 2a I decided to book a spot for the Nevis Bungy.  This morning I woke up and headed down to the Bungy Shop, then signed all the papers, got things written on my hands, and hung around until 1130a, when my bus departed.  It was me and three other guys (one of them was only doing the swing), so the bus wasn't too crowded and we didn't have to wait long for anything.  The bus ride was about 45 minutes long, and we drove past a bunch of beautiful scenery (to keep your mind distracted, obviously, hah).  When we finally got there they had us lock up our bags (I forgot to get my cellphone back from them, oops!) and then had us harness up.  After that we got our little gondola over to the main platform where we would jump.  The entire thing happened so incredibly fast, it was nuts.  Basically, we got there while they were pulling someone up, then Ashley (one of the guys) got completely suited up with the anklets and the bungy and everything, and before I knew it, he was jumping off a 134 meter high platform.  Which means now it was my turn.  So they put my anklet things on me, then had me sit in the chair of doom (the chair where the strap all the bungees onto you or whatever).  After pulling up Ashley, they had me hobble over to the edge.  Oh man, just letting you know, 440 ft is a long way down to jump, and once you're on the edge of the platform, the phrase "don't look down" doesn't exist anymore.  So the guy is just like, yeah okay I'm gonna drop the bungy so you'll feel the weight of it, and I was like MEH!! haha.  Then he started counting down, and I was just like, NO! haha.  This happened two or three times, then he had the pep talk with me, which, by the way, was an awesome pep talk (kudos to the guy working the Nevis Bungy).  So he was like alright, here we go, 3-2-1 and I JUMPED!! haha.  My exit was definitely most graceful in the first few seconds (you'll see when I post the pictures), but it quickly turned into a fetal position or something, haha.  All I could do was scream, it was great.  But the best part about Nevis is that fact that it's so tall, so basically I screamed for the first 5 seconds, then the last 4 seconds I just remember seeing my feet in front of me and the ground and stream rushing up around me, it was awesome.  After almost 9 seconds the bungy kicked in and stretched me downdowndown, then upupup, which was soooo much fun ( :  At the top of my second bounce I released my feet from the harness so I could sit up, which was really awesome.  After that I hung there for about a minute, then they pulled me up and it was over, but I was totally rushing from it and it was sosososososososoSO AMAZING!!  If you guys can build up the courage I totally recommend it; the first 4 seconds are the scariest, but after that it's pure incredibleness.  Hope you enjoy the pictures ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment