Thursday, July 30, 2009

finally, leaving Christchurch!

Okay, Christchurch is pretty cool, but honestly, when you're working for accommodation at X Base there, it's pretty freaking easy to get bored of it, and quickly.  I mean, it doesn't seem like working until 1p would blow any plans for your day, but it seriously does, especially when it gets dark at 530p.  I met some nice people here, and it was kinda nice to get into a routine, but it's DEFINITELY time to move on.  Oh, and I've also talked with two of the same girls who shared a room with me in Wellington at X Base, which is a little embarrassing because that was the night I was bawling my eyes out.  So, Queenstown, here I come!  I'm pretty excited about finally getting down to Queenstown, and I think tomorrow I'm going to book a skydiving thing, it should be pretty awesome.  I'm still completely terrified of the bungy jumping, so I might not do that.  I feel like once I get down to Queenstown, things will start picking up speed, so I'm pretty stoked about that because it means I'll be home on no time.  In fact, I only have 16 more days here!  I definitely need to call Air New Zealand about a return flight though.  Also, today I went to Akaroa, a little French-influenced city about an hour and a half drives away from Christchurch, and hung out for a few hours.  It was nice to finally get out of the city, and it makes me even more excited to move on from Christchurch.  Anyway, this is just a small update of what I've been doing for the past few days, I hope everything's going well back home.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment