Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jesus Town

Today was my first day of work here at X Base Christchurch.  I've definitely never made as many bed in the threeish hours that I worked today than any other threeish hours in my entire life.  But, it wasn't that bad and I get to stay here for free now yay!  I'm guessing I'll be here for about 2 weeks or something, just going around checking out everything and the surrounding areas.  After that I'm probably gonna head over to Greymouth and do the Fox Glaciers and whatnot, then head down the coast to Queenstown and Milford Sound for maybe a week or something.  When I'm in Queenstown, if my funds haven't run too low, I think I'm gonna skydive or bungy jump or something, who knows!  Possibly both, possibly neither, I haven't really made up my mind yet.  The people I'm working with are pretty cool and there's someone from Chile so maybe I'll Spanish it up with them or something, probably not though 'cause I'm embarrassed of how god awful my Spanish is compared to, well, native Spanish speakers.  Anyway, apparently the library has free wifi so I'm pretty stoked about that, it'll nice to finally not have to pay for internet.  Oh, and the Indian food place next door totally sucks, like really really disappointing.  Absolutely the worst I've had ever, even worse than that stuff that I was kinda raw in Monterey, Ean. haha.  But when I get back I'm gonna totally bring huge amounts of Tim Tams, ginger beer (for Brad!), afghan cookies, and Kinder Bars.  I expect delicious beer in return, seeing as how NZ has completely deprived me of anything remotely amazing.  Okay, I hope you all have lots and lots of fun this coming weekend (only one more day for you all!) and I love you and miss you bunches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment