Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Further Christchurch-iness

So today I walked around and went to the Southern Encounter exhibition type thingy, it was pretty freaking amazing, because I finally got to SEE A KIWI!!  Oh my gosh, they are probably the ABSOLUTE most adorable bird of all time.  Just imagine a fuzzy basketball with cute eyes and a long beak, and BAM! you've got a kiwi!!  I'll post a picture (not one I've taken, it wasn't allowed) of what exactly they look like.  Anyway, I've walked around a bit, and oh my gosh Kassi, I totally found that energy drink Cocaine!!  I took a picture just for you, and as soon as I can, I'll totally post it.  I'm staying at X Base again, and hopefully within the next few days I'll be able to do the work for accommodation thing that they offer.  I still need to talk to them about it, but seeing as how it's my first day in Christchurch, I kinda wanted a break.  Oh, and just so everyone knows, there's disgusting couples in New Zealand as well!  It's not restricted to Europe anymore.  Today I saw the first couple that were totally eating each other's faces, and now the girl's sitting on top of his lap.  It's just like, really?  No one wants to see that, I almost threw up.

On a side note, Afghan cookies are SO BOMB.COM!  Everyone should look a recipe up and try them if you haven't (I don't think they're really offered in the States), but it will totally be worth the labor.  And don't be afraid of the cornflakes-- embrace them!!  Okay I'm outtie, mostly 'cause I don't really have anything else to say, other than I hope I find a market that sells chicken and rice, otherwise I might be eating out again!

OH!!  And I think I'm gonna try bungy-jumping or sky-diving.  I think it would be totally fun and definitely worth the money, but I've still gonna have to think about whether or not I'm completely okay with just kinda potentially throwing my life away (at this point, probably!), so yeah.  I'll keep you all posted.  Have a good night.

Here's a kiwi!  Adorable!  The ferret of birds, seriously.  Except ferrets apparently kill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment